Sign in to follow this  
Borgasm

DEFECTED: Need advice RE intake

So i was on my way home from work, police going other way, lights go on, quick u-turn, pulled over for what they say was just for a random breath test.

Nek Minnut, 3 defects, tail lights tinted (fair enough), rear wiper not on (fair enough) and pod filter exposed, (it was really boxed with a 3-4sq inch gap, which to him was unsatisfactory.)

So i've fixed up the tail lights and wiper and i went to buy a stock airbox today from a wrecker, problem is i own an s15 autech (NA:SR20de) and Spec R (sr20det) boxes don't fit apparently, and s15 autech boxes are to even bother looking for.

Question 1: Does anyone have an autech s15 airbox in Sydney?

Question 2: Do na s13 and s14 airboxes fit on an autech s15?

Question 3: If Yes to question 2, does anyone have an NA airbox for me to purchase?

Question 4: Do K&N Apollo filters fit on an NA S15?

Customise box to be fully enclosed? Unless you're in Victoria.

Customise box to be fully enclosed? Unless you're in Victoria.

I tried and failed, not very handy, if worse comes to worse, i'll give it another go.

s15 na (not autech but will fit) air box for about $6-7 buy it now, go through Jesse Streeter and get it delivered ;-)

http://page15.auctio...tion/t280811313

Takes a while from Japan, got to clear it by Saturday, ill give the police a ring in the morning see if i can get an extension

Thanks mate

Can get stuff EMS from japan within a week or 2

But yes a normal NA s14/15 one is same/ close enough, cant use DET as piping comes off at wrong angle

Could maybe doidge up a S13 sr/ca one but wont be pretty

ANY aftermarket intake will get you f**ked in NSW, mate even pasted EPA (where they actually put it on a dyno and test it's emmisions) with a aftermarket inclosed intake... but then still got knocked back on the final clearance because of it and had to do it all again with a stock airbox

Edited by (Locky)

Can get stuff EMS from japan within a week or 2 But yes a normal NA s14/15 one is same/ close enough, cant use DET as piping comes off at wrong angle Could maybe doidge up a S13 sr/ca one but wont be pretty ANY aftermarket intake will get you f**ked in NSW, mate even pasted EPA (where they actually put it on a dyno and test it's emmisions) with a aftermarket inclosed intake... but then still got knocked back on the final clearance because of it and had to do it all again with a stock airbox

I got a parcel from Japan within a few days, left Tokyo friday afternoon and I got it monday morning

Edited by NismoSRS13

ROFLMAO...whatever you do don't ring the police for an extension. its not going to happen. not speaking from experience but just think about it before you make that call.

if its already boxed with open sections, just box it up completely.