Sign in to follow this  
.RONE

RONE SHIRYO's Shinigami Silvia [updated 17/07]

SHINIGAMI SILVIA

"D e a t h S p i r i t"

INITIAL AIMS FOR THIS PROJECT:

- Have a really reliable daily // cruiser.

- Work every angle: exterior, interior, suspension etc

- Keep everything clean, simple and subtle.

- Convert from auto to manual and

- Convert from CA18 to SR20 motor [turbo the sr20de when off P's]

- Replace worn and ageing components with reliable new ones where i can.

This is how she sat as of 2 weeks post purchase. Ironically, with the ceased motor, it appears to have never moved, remaining in that exact position.

THE BEATER:

She needs a wash. Dirty whore.

57350661.jpg

New windscreen makes a noticable aesthetic adjustment.

67746114.jpg

Removed mudguards

24297002.jpg

Hellaflush.

58474657.jpg

My Nardi deep corn.

11807521.jpg

O.G status floormats.

94981560.jpg

Installed new Digital Climate/Alpine Head Unit/Single Din Pocket.

55737893.jpg

R.I.P

89523961.jpg

Superior Parking Sensor

80055556.jpg

Thread is updated regularly, hope you enjoy following it's progression should my complacency not become too large an issue.

Thanks,

Rone

38.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by .RONE

that is one clean thing..

Are you going to respray it the same colour???

the next step on the agenda which i'm currently working on is gathering everything i'll need for respray.

currently have:

- nismo style grill

- smoked taillights

- new wiper blades/arms [yes, i'm that meticulous]

still to obtain:

- instant gentleman roof spoiler. [where can i get one?]

- full nismo factory aero kit

- brick/square headlights

- bomex or ganador mirrors

When these are collected the paint/panel can begin. most likely sending to DT panels. Heard good things and its 5mins drive from me [though car probably won't make the journey as a result of the cracked head] haha.

Car goings back to bare metal, colour change to a jet black.

Edited by rone1

omg keep the front aerial, i love it haha.

haha cheers nitsab, but its not an aerial.

when i first saw it i was like "hmmm what is this shit?"

turns out its a motorised light that you can rise/drop from a flick inside on the dash. some form of parking light i presume.

some trucks have them when reverse turning so they can judge how far they are from another vehicle?

i think its pretty ghetto and original so i'll try get that fitted into the new front bar.

haha cheers nitsab, but its not an aerial.

when i first saw it i was like "hmmm what is this shit?"

turns out its a motorised light that you can rise/drop from a flick inside on the dash. some form of parking light i presume.

some trucks have them when reverse turning so they can judge how far they are from another vehicle?

i think its pretty ghetto and original so i'll try get that fitted into the new front bar.

ohhhh, its so you know where the front of your car is while parking. That shit is wack, keep it for sure :D

sif its wack. its hilariously awesome.

started collecting more items in preparation for respray.

should be getting done within the next month.

also got my new uncracked dash in as close to mint condition as one can get. should be put in within the next week provided apathy removes it's unyeilding claw from my dilapidated anatomy for a few hours.

wretched malevolence.

some new flicks larta.

Wow clean, shame about the CA haha.

I've got a cheap pair of nismo skirts if you still don't have any.

its current state is utterly appauling and it completely disgusts me Bry, so therefor I shall begin it's transformation.

CA shat itself, so once paint/panel is completed a SR will become its replacement.

cheap nismo skirts you say? plastic/fibreglass? condition? how mucho?

in the midst of organising a full fibreglass copy kit to be made up by a member of the forums interstate, however is there anyone else who produces them locally in melbourne? just curious.

transformations are fun :)

plastic $120 ok condition, could use a little work if your fussy, I ran them on my car for ages though.. check my topics and you'll find pics

yeh theyre down the road from my workplace. heard bad things, haven't particularly liked the quality i've seen either in the past, unsure about the workmanship these days however.

thanks for reccomendation though.

ehh fair enough i was gunna see some of their work b4 i get mine done but yer thanks for telling me bout the feedback u got.. hmmm lol now iv gotta think too =P

hay dude, nice pickup and yea shame about the ca, do not change your colour that blue is win, yo ucan spend that extra 2g somewhere else on your pig, you were askign about those roof spoilers? http://www.origin-lab.com/main/products/spoiler/roof-wing/, and that li lcutet spoiler at the front haha wtf??? keep us posted :)

thanks for the link northside, thats pretty much exactly what i'm after. i find the dmax spoiler to be less subtle in comparison to the supermade/origin ones.

yeh the blue is ok. im sure that if that blue was resprayed itd look a a treat, but i've always been a fan of black cars, regardless of the extra cleaning hassles as it just looks so much more aggressive and cleaner as it ties all the plastics/mouldings/seals together.

plus, the car, though image doesn't display, has its fair shair of dings, paint flaking, etc etc, so it calls for a respray, especially since i'll be fitting the aero kit to it. knock it all off one go.:thumbsup:

is there a site in which i can get one of those origin roof spoilers from within australia? or will i have to source internationally? ebay has no listings either.

haha what little cute spoiler at the front? you referring to my pop up parking light? shits straight up O.G right there.

everything for the exterior is ordered and its on the way, just need to track this roof spoiler and get the aero kit which i'm currently organising. i'm hoping the mail tomorrow will provide some win and motivate me to get this car actually happening a little faster.

the next 2 months will be busy busy busy.

flicks tomorrow of goods ordered provided they've arrived.

yea i meant the arial sorry haha, yes a company called TopStage located in clayton Freddy is his name, he does all areo shit, he makes the roof spoilers but looks a tad different compared to origin and dmax,

btw what kit are you going to put on? uras vertex ????? and im selling a s13 gtr lip that goes on the tip of your boot, looks heaps good. $150

www.topstage.com.au

i'll sus that link, thanks.

updated top post with regards the aims of build.

kit will be the nismo aero 'factory option' kit.

let me no if you find someone who does the aero kit..

whens Sr going in? keep us posted

Origin roof wing from Jesse streeter

Nice car for a starter.

should buy some rims to make it look reasonable. lol

The antenna or parking assist is a rare factory option. I had it on my car - but I now have it, the full loom, and the switch for sale if anyone wants it. Complete plug and play, no modifications required! ;)

Clean car dude, take care of it.

RB My Ass - haha thanks mate, rims will be done later in the year when money starts returning to my accounts. car should look more than reasonable when done.

i want a silvia - yeah i'm loving its rare factor. was a little deterred initially by it being there but i'd love to have it integrated into the new bar when that time arises shortly. will certainly take care of it.

thanks 4 dropping by, ill post up a couple photos later if i can find the camera amongst the scattered debris of my plastered isolation sanctum.

The mail has provided some minor win material the last couple of days. Still awaiting more items for the upcoming month also.

It is becoming quite the painful wait indeed.

r33 GTST BM44 Brake Master Cylinder & Booster:

was going to do my brakes/wheels first but now will have to wait due to dead motor becoming major priority.

69764264.jpg

r33 GTST calipers:

have a full set in my posession [just not pictured] reco'd and in great condition. 4pot F & 2pot R. subject to respray later

78969904.jpg

s13 dash:

aside from a couple of small discolouration blemishes, no cracks at all! yet to be fitted.

44284687.jpg

s13 indicator lamps:

one of mine was cracked. full 2nd hand pair replacement [good condit]. sick of seeing those crystal ones everywhere so stayed OEM.

97352150.jpg

hopefully will recieve more of my items over next few weeks. when all has arrived, bye bye car for paint/panel.

Edited by rone1

I totally support the reliability good car goal ur goin for, i say go 4 it, just caus ur not modding the car to its potential doesnt mean its slow =P haha, and u could still pull a few skiddies in it no doubt if u felt the urge (not that any of us do it whistle.gif ), you shall have the last laugh when down the track u still have a mint car n parts are rare as feck!!

However i will say u can at least change a few things to make the car faster and more fuel efficient, ie, ecu and exhaust (extractors etc) for example.. wat u reckon?

pretty sure the origin dealer for australia is in south aus, cant remeber teh name of the company but can get it

totally hear you on that dutchey.

as well as making it into a reliable, clean 13, i will too of course in time be undertaking certain modifications in order to perhaps attempt improving the original characteristics/limits/design of the car as so it's more suitable for my needs.

due to the turbo laws i will make some modifications to improve its performance slightly where i can, whilst keeping within the legalities of things.

increased power might become the focus once off the p's. [another 3 long years] however this allows me to dedicate my time on the other aspects of the car until then, which will keep me out of trouble, yet probably poor. <_>

once the paint/panel is done i will be working on getting the new motor in - sr20de. May/may not turbo that when off the P's. Not overly concerned.

thanks for some good feedback.

keen to watch your build progress in time mate. i'll be following