Sign in to follow this  
1alex1234

my 180sx

so my 180sx arrived in november 2013, its black with gold drift teks, sr20det with Garrett GT28R turbo, full FMIC setup, radiator, fuel pressure regualtor, r32 brakes all round, ISC coilovers, tie rods, a phantom boost gauge, D1 spec deep dish steering wheel, gizzmo boost controller, and some aftermarket front bar

currently looking into a new radiator and boost controller, along with hydraulic handbrake as its for a drift carIMG_1940.jpgIMG_1822.jpgIMG_1822.jpgIMG_1764.jpgIMG_1757.jpg

nice man, what sort of computer management system do you have?

had it tuned? what sort of numbers?

you can never have enough stickers.

at the moment its running on a stock management system, though im looking into a decent one and a new turbo setup possibly, so not sure of which one yet

and not tuned yet though last owner had it running around 260hp on 5psi when the new boost setup is on im hoping to make around 320hp on 13 psi

and yeh stickers are great haha

260hp@5psi with GT28? Did you get shown actual dyno print outs or just take his word for it?

Edited by B00sted180

sounds strange for such a low boost, also whats wrong with your current turbo? I'd be stocked with a GT28.

also can you show me a pic of that plumb back system? thats the stock bov yeah?

i have only been told that was the numbers it was running not exactly sure, hope to get it dyno tuned soon after engine is back and running.

there is currently nothing wrong with the current turbo, when i said new turbo setup, i mean different wastegates and BOV along with gauge and controller

and yes it is the stock BOV and will get a pic up of the plumb back system in the next day or two

yeah thanks man, my tooona told me to bo plumb back and I wasn't sure how to go about it, looks like your setup is pretty much perfect.

I've currently deleted my bov.

I think the stock bov is good for 11psi? I think...

what do you mean he told you to bo plumb back???

and well yeh im thinking of down the track going for screamer pipes because drift car haha

and im not exactly sure of the stock BOV but hopefully getting a turbosmart vee boost tee or some other bov

he told me plumb back system is better than atmospheric release setup, as long as the plumb back is plumbed on a 45 degree angle aiming away from the AFM.

I'd like to see the kw difference between plumb back/ no bov/ and bov atmo.

what system are you running at the moment?

and well my plumb back system is quite reliable at the moment but its running quite low psi because of a damagded solenoid valve

will photography the whole system tonight for you

Mines blocked/ there is no bov. it flutters like a whore. I love the sound though.

I may leave it.

if a plumb back system vs a block/ no bov system is like 5 kw then I seriously couldn't care less.

but if it was like 20 or more.. then i'd be plumbing back.

I bought my car without a bov and thought I was doing the right thing for the turbo by installing one. I had it atmospheric and got defected for it. I learned I hated hated regency so when I plumbed it back when I reinstalled it. Now I have installed my new turbo and done boost leak tests the bov leaks so removing it all together. I've learnt that there are plenty of people on here running high psi without bov's so if it's not needed I'm not going to worry about the hassle of installing one.

• Downvote 1

yeh nice, im just leaving mine in until the engine is back together and running well, will probably delete it completely soon after i get it rolling again.,plumb back is working well for me but not sure i will keep it too long after i go for a professional set up.

so while the front end is off thought i would install new FMIC setup along with more reinforcement inside the front body panels

IMG_1867.jpgIMG_2110.jpg

I dunno if its just the picture but that intercool looks huge!

careful re-enforcing a fibreglass front bar, it needs some flex to stop it from cracking at the first sign of a bump otherwise it will crack.

that front bar looks almost identical to mine.

i think its just the photo its not that big actually

and yeh im thinking of a custom bash bar under the front bar but like mounted super close to the chassis to allow for extra flex in the front bar

and here are some more pics of the front bar, im not sure of the manufacturer though

IMG_1770.jpgIMG_1932.jpgIMG_1773.jpg

gee looks a bit rough up close lol, who painted your front bar? the local kindergarten? lol

none of your panels line up haha, I guess its a typical 180. Its probably just some ebay front bar, they are cheap and nasty.

heres mine -

IMG_5363.JPG

yeh nice, haha the front bar and rear bad both have terrible paint because it wasnt prepped properly before being painted and was done with a spray can by previous owner, so will get it done nicely when the whole car is painted but yeh, and none of the panels in front of the doors line up because of snapped bolts, cable ties, and door hinges :P haha, when i got it the bolts holding the finders on were snapped, and the front bar was being held on by door hinges and cable ties so they are all still off for re allignment and paint along with some possible modifications :)

i am thinking maybe a full vertex kit and a stock kit for the track witth a twin rear lip kit

i am thinking maybe a full vertex kit and a stock kit for the track witth a twin rear lip kit

all sounds sweet if you got the money, and as soon as you track it expect to wreck it lol

yeh thats my goal currently, and like the week after each track weekend will be spent on fixing the car and modding it more

so been a while since last post, but have got the interior fully cleaned up, and installed a new boost gauge

IMG_1791.jpgIMG_1792.jpgIMG_1798.jpg

Edited by 1alex1234
  • Upvote 1

so finally got around to taking the front guards off, for repair as some were dented and not fitting properly, also thought in investing in some fender braces... then realized they were partly welded on so now have to completely fix the fenders and underside.

IMG_2081.jpgIMG_2080.jpg

alright, guys, so it has been ages since last update, a fair bit has happened, bought a new daily, it is a 1986 mazda 626, will post up spec list sometime this weekend, but anyway, the 180 has been going through a bit, the intercooler set up has been finished, new wheels came in last weekend, a picture will be up tomorrow

the 180 has also snapped an exhaust hanger, so that will need fixing, along with a partly burnt out engine loom, and a new engine tension brace has gone in last weekend, and the stock BOV has been polished out

anyway i will leave you with these pictures for now:

IMG_2433.jpg IMG_2434.jpg IMG_2435.jpg

thanks man,

no idea why, but i have just noticed the drivers side headlight on a massive angle compared to the other aha

You will need to re-align the headlight just to be safe with the incoming traffic. I bought a gadget that accurately re align the beam, bought it from 4wheelonline just for $10 for got the brand though but very effective compared with manual alignment using tapes and pentel pen.

cheers man, will look into it, i have tried to re align using the screw underneath which is supposed to align it but it does nothing, not sure if its broken or disconnected or i dont know